Sunday, January 7, 2007

Story of a Lifetime

My daughter gave me an incredible gift for Christmas. It is a hardbound journal designed to record the personal memoirs of myself and my husband to pass down to our daughter and her children. Each page has questions to answer which will build that memoir cohesively. It is called The Story of a Lifetime by TriAngel Publishers. It covers such topics as family background, teen years, career, love and marriage, parenthood, middle and golden years, ethnic heritage, lessons learned, values, favorites, a family tree, and even favorite photographs and mementos. What a wonderful way to leave the oral history of a family for those who follow after. Each day I spend a little time writing in it. I also plan to post some of the entries along with some pictures in this online journal for the rest of family and friends to read.

No comments: